Job sites are unpredictable, with environmental conditions and tasks that can vary widely from day to day. In response, 3M™ Personal Safety Division has expanded its SecureFit™ protective eyewear line by offering more features and deeper personalization with the debut of the new3M™ SecureFit™ protective eyewear 600 series.
New options with the 600 series include:
- Scotchgard™ anti-fog coating helps provide long-lasting clarity to help the eyewear retain its effectiveness for at least 25 washings with water*
- Rugged anti-scratch (RAS) coating to help extend the life of the lens
- Photochromic lenses that darken when exposed to UV light outdoors and lighten when removed from UV exposure indoors
- Polarized lens to reduce reflective glare; commonly used in outdoor applications
- Task-specific lens tints that help reduce glare, eye stress and fatigue in a variety of applications
- Lens options in various colors (clear, grey, amber, indoor/outdoor grey)
- Readers with Scotchgard ™ anti-fog coating that come in a range of diopters: +1.5, +2.0 or +2.5.
Features such as 3M™ Pressure Diffusion Temple (PDT) technology—allowing for a secure, comfortable fit and the ability to self-adjust to a wide array of head sizes—comes standard with every piece of SecureFit eyewear. The 600 series will continue offering key features, including durable polycarbonate lenses that absorb 99.9 percent of UVA and UVB rays and meet the requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2015 Standard as an Impact Rated spectacle, an optional removable foam-lined gasket to keep debris out of the eyes while providing comfort and cushioning, a lightweight design and stylish yet sturdy frame for a touch of individualism.
“The SecureFit line debuted in 2013 and, has quickly grown to be 3M’s most popular line of safety eyewear,” says Gil Igo, global business manager at 3M Personal Safety Division. “The 600 Series builds on the comfort features customers have grown to love with options for further customization so workers have safety glasses that provide not only the right fit, but also some personal flair, to every job.”
The clear lens, clear lens with a foam gasket, and grey lens products from the SecureFit 600 series are available now, with the entire series set to release in May 2017.
*Based on 3M internal testing per EN168 test method when compared with traditional anti-fog coatings.